COPYRIGHT

All resources offered by this blogsite are shared by the authors themselves. Some of them were rewritten with permission and some were collected throughout the internet and exchanged between peers for personal study. Use of any resources offered for commercial purposes is prohibited. Otherwise you need to responsible for any consequences produced! Any profitable behavior of utilizing the resources downloaded from this site is condemned and disdained sternly.

Some of the resources, and data here were shared by the authors freely and we don't have all the capacity to know, if the components, materials inside the scenes were copyright protected. If you feel some resources have infringed your copyright, please contact us. We will delete them as quickly as possible. We won't bear any legal responsibility for the resources. Thanks.

Custom Search

Custom Search

Welcome to SketchUp, Vray and other Resources

Everyone is capable of learning. Learning is part of life. It is a social process of living and bringing everyone to share their inherited resources and discoveries. All of us can influence the life of others through sharing and caring. It is our belief that everyone should be a lifelong learner.

I am putting very important visualization resources and series: tutorials, tips, tricks, VRAY materials and settings, and mini-the-making (MTM) processes.

Yours,

Nomeradona

Thursday 5 April 2012

Q and A: Federico Palomenque aka. "f render"

Featured Artist: Federico Palomenque

We would like to thank Federico for taking his time for this interview. Federico is from Buenos Aires, Argentina, one of the excellent visualizers we always wanted to feature in this site. We are very grateful for this opportunity of featuring Federico's work and wisdom in the field of using SketchUp and Vray SketchUp.




SVR: Please tell us more about yourself

FP: My name is Federico Palomeque. I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’m 22 years old and I’m studying architecture in the University of Buenos Aires. I dedicate most part of the day to my studies, though I sometimes do works as a freelance renderist. I like a lot the 3D visualization field, mostly focused on architecture, because it allows an excellent perception of space, along with the possibility of playing with textures, models, lightning, etc.



SVR: Any special story how about SketchUp and Vray SketchUp

FP.  I started using SketchUp in 2009. I thought it was a really good designing tool, quick and easy to use, that helped me design my architectural projects for the University. Some time after that I started to render with SU Podium, obtaining good results. At the beginning of 2010, I started studying VRay. I thought it was amazing how this Plug- In, together with SketchUp, could obtain such life-like results. Since then, I love doing renders for practice to improve my technique.


SVR: We have seen your render with the barcelona Pavillion, any secret how you accomplished such an excellent render?

FP.  Haha! In fact it was the result of a lot of tests. My idea was to achieve a soft, twilight-looking lightining, so the shadows are soft and brighten the artificial lights. I tried to keep the textures unsaturated, to help create calmer surroundings. The scene’s lightning is based on a nocturne HDRI. In the interior, rectangular lights were placed to recreate the light effects of the pavilion.





SVR: Do you have any inspiration in the field of visualisation? Please tell us why?

FP.  I really like Zaha Hadid’s conceptual renders, because of her use of color, light, and the simplicity it portrays. I also like Alex Roman’s work; it’s amazing how he uses textures, the camera’s position, light effects, color, etc, making his scenes look 100% real.




SVR: Can you please tell us your workflow in visualisation?

FP. I start making the scene and doing lighting tests. When I’m happy with it, I begin to place the 3D components and give them texture. Then I make a couple of tests to fix details, and finally I launch the final render.Then I take the image to Photoshop, where I correct the color, contrast, the levels, and apply the filters and gradient maps. Thus, the image looks more like a photograph.



SVR: Hows Skethchup and vray sketchup in your country?


FP. SketchUp is used a lot by architects. It’s a really practical tool, easy to use. I know a lot of small architectural offices that use it together with VRay to make renders. The bigger offices use 3DMax, because they face more complex models, what makes SketchUp a tool with flaws.



SVR: Do you have any advise to our readers especially those who are new with sketchup? and vray SKetchUp?

FP. What I always say about SketchUp and VRay, is that a good render has to have an EXCELLENT lightning, a REALLY GOOD post-production, and GOOD textures. I believe that is the order to follow to get a great render.





For more information about Federico Palomenque visit his sites..

BLOG: http://thefrender.blogspot.com/
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/the.f.render

1 comment:

  1. i really like your render mr.federico.. very inspiring! ;D

    ReplyDelete